- Disney has invited Polygon (MATIC) to participate in its 2022 Accelerator Program, focusing on NFTs, AI, and Augmented Reality.
- Polygon (MATIC) is the only blockchain project selected in a list of six.
This year’s Disney Accelerator class be focus ‘on building the future of immersive experiences and specializes in technologies such as augmented reality (AR), non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and artificial intelligence (AI) characters.’
Polygon Studios CEO, Ryan Wyatt, Expresses Optimism on The Project’s Future.
Polygon Studios CEO, Ryan Wyatt, pointed out that Polygon was the only blockchain project selected by Disney. According to Mr. Wyatt, it speaks volumes about the work being done at Polygon and where the project is heading. He shared his insights into Polygon being picked by Disney for its Accelerator program through the following tweet.
We were the only blockchain selected.
It speaks volumes to the work being done here, and where we’re going as a company.
— Ryan Wyatt (@Fwiz) July 13, 2022
Disney Has Selected Six Companies.
A total of six companies have been selected by Disney and are as follows:
- Polygon (MATIC) – a scalable blockchain for developers to build Web3 experiences.
- Flickplay – a Web3 social app allowing users to discover NFTs tied to real-world locations.
- Inworld – which allows users to create interactive AI-driven characters.
- Lockerverse – a Web3 Platform that empowers creators and brands to tell culture-defining stories.
- Obsess – an e-commerce platform that allows brands to create 3D virtual stores.
- Red 6 – an augmented reality company that has created a patented headset and interface that works outdoors.
The Accelerator program will start this week and connect its participants with ‘the creativity, imagination, and expertise of Disney.’ Each participating company will receive guidance and mentorship from senior leadership at Disney.
Disney is Committed to Using Technology to Build Future Entertainment Experiences.
Bonnie Rosen, General Manager of the Disney Accelerator program, explained that the accelerator program is in tune with the company’s mission of leveraging technology to build the entertainment experiences of the future. He said:
For nearly a century, Disney has been at the forefront of leveraging technology to build the entertainment experiences of the future.
The Disney Accelerator is thrilled to be part of that legacy, and with our newest class of companies, we look forward to furthering our commitment to innovation and continuing to bring magical experiences to Disney audiences and guests for the next 100 years.
[Feature image courtesy of Unsplash.com.]
Ray Schuetz received a Masters Degree in computer science from The University of Texas (Austin). Ray has been working as a full-time blockchain consultant for the past 3 years. In his spare time, Ray enjoys writing for EthereumCryptocurrency.com and other crypto news publications.